Training Our Volunteers
During quiet times of the year for BWR, we enroll our Volunteers on courses which will help with our wildlife/fellow helpers and look good on their resumes!
- Four qualified on the First Aid course.
- Five qualified COVID Marshall’s on board.
- One with TAFE – Basic Bushfire Awareness.
- Six have completed ‘Introduction to Wildlife Rescue’ provided by W.I.R.E.S.
- Eight Volunteers attended a ‘Wildlife Euthanasia Workshop’ run by an accredited Officer with beer and pizza afterwards (on my tab of course!).
- BWR has also held a basic first aid workshop into caring for our wildlife and had a very informative morning with a social lunch afterwards. Twenty-six carer’s and volunteers came along.